Sunday, August 21, 2011

Garden Oops

Sitting in the garden the other day with a cool drink (just root beer, don't get excited) I distracted myself from the contemplation of all the work that needed doing by looking at some of the 'oopses' around me. For example:


Great colour combo...... not.


Ah, the horizontal shrub gambit, very creative......



'Always plant the taller things at the back and the shorter things at the front.' Very good advice.  I really should follow it.....


Creeping Phlox, P. subulata - lovely sheet of white flowers in May. Can you see those sweet little Alpine Daisies in the lower half of the picture?  Neither can I.

And that was only while sitting in one spot!

1 comment:

  1. I quite like the colours in your first photo, don't worry too much about doing everything according to the "books" ! The same applies to your echinacae, you can see through them so why put them further back ? It is your garden , so have it just the you want it, otherwise we would all have gardens looking the same and that would be boring wouldn't it ?!

    ReplyDelete